“Band of Lovers is a fun and hip spin on folk music.”
~ Susie Que, TUBE. Magazine
- “It’s a golden road trip,” Kate Bee wrote of the debut album from Band of Lovers. Her words also reflect the band’s lifestyle- born on the road in the fall of 2013 and living and touring full-time in their self-converted 1997 Dodge van, the music they write strongly reflects their way of life. With a modern take on folk sound and pop structure, their songs draw inspiration from the stories and landscapes of North America.
- “Few songs are sweeter than ‘Tennessee’…” says Christian Carvajal of the single off of the band’s full-length independent release ‘the Coast’ (Feb. 2015). The album has sold over a thousand copies and debuted on local and public radio stations around the country, including NPR affiliates HPPR, KUWR, KXCI, and WRUR.
- The constant travel draws new and evolving sounds from the duo, and the winter leg of their tour (with San Francisco drummer Liliana Urbain) will bring them to the hills of North Carolina, where they plan to hibernate in preparation for the recording of their sophomore album.
Look for a late 2016 release.
So you want to help spread the love? How awesome!
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Put up flyers in hot spots around town*
- Hand out stickers and handbills*
- Invite friends to join the Facebook event for the show
- Show us your handiwork! Post a pic with your flyer and tag it @bandoflovers
And here’s how we’ll thank you:
- You’ll be on the guest list for the show you promoted (if there’s a cover charge)
- We’ll give you a free Band of Lovers poster at the show & special deals on merch
*We will either mail you the flyers & handbills OR send you the .pdf file and reimburse you for the printing costs (depending on how hectic our schedule is at the time!).